GOT2 Antibody - #DF13922
*The optimal dilutions should be determined by the end user.
WB: For western blot detection of denatured protein samples. IHC: For immunohistochemical detection of paraffin sections (IHC-p) or frozen sections (IHC-f) of tissue samples. IF/ICC: For immunofluorescence detection of cell samples. ELISA(peptide): For ELISA detection of antigenic peptide.
AATM_HUMAN; AL022787; Aspartate aminotransferase 2; Aspartate aminotransferase; Aspartate aminotransferase, mitochondrial; Aspartate transaminase 2; ASPATA; EC 18.104.22.168; FABP 1; FABP pm; FABP-1; FABPpm; Fatty acid binding protein; Fatty acid-binding protein; FLJ40994; Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 2; Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase 2, mitochondrial; Glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase, mitochondrial; Glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase 2, mitochondrial (aspartate aminotransferase 2); Got 2; GOT2; KAT4; KATIV; kynurenine aminotransferase 4; Kynurenine aminotransferase IV; kynurenine--oxoglutarate transaminase 4; kynurenine--oxoglutarate transaminase IV; mAspAT; MGC102129; MGC115763; mitAAT; mitochondrial; Mitochondrial aspartate aminotransferase; OTTMUSP00000017748; Plasma membrane fatty acid binding protein; Plasma membrane-associated fatty acid-binding protein; Transaminase A;
A synthesized peptide derived from Human GOT2.
Catalyzes the irreversible transamination of the L-tryptophan metabolite L-kynurenine to form kynurenic acid (KA). Plays a key role in amino acid metabolism. Important for metabolite exchange between mitochondria and cytosol. Facilitates cellular uptake of long-chain free fatty acids.
Mitochondrion matrix. Cell membrane.
Note: Exposure to alcohol promotes translocation to the cell membrane.
Belongs to the class-I pyridoxal-phosphate-dependent aminotransferase family.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Arginine biosynthesis.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Alanine, aspartate and glutamate metabolism.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Cysteine and methionine metabolism.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Arginine and proline metabolism.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Tyrosine metabolism.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Phenylalanine metabolism.
· Metabolism > Amino acid metabolism > Phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan biosynthesis.
· Metabolism > Global and overview maps > Metabolic pathways.
· Metabolism > Global and overview maps > Carbon metabolism.
· Metabolism > Global and overview maps > 2-Oxocarboxylic acid metabolism.
· Metabolism > Global and overview maps > Biosynthesis of amino acids.
· Organismal Systems > Digestive system > Fat digestion and absorption.
Affinity Biosciences tests all products strictly. Citations are provided as a resource for additional applications that have not been validated by Affinity Biosciences. Please choose the appropriate format for each application and consult Materials and Methods sections for additional details about the use of any product in these publications.
For Research Use Only.
Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Not for resale. Not for distribution without written consent. Affinity Biosciences will not be held responsible for patent infringement or other violations that may occur with the use of our products. Affinity Biosciences, Affinity Biosciences Logo and all other trademarks are the property of Affinity Biosciences LTD.