EGFR Antibody - #AF6043
|Application:||WB, IHC, IF/ICC|
|Reactivity:||Human, Mouse, Rat|
|Prediction:||Pig, Bovine, Sheep, Rabbit|
*The optimal dilutions should be determined by the end user.
WB: For western blot detection of denatured protein samples. IHC: For immunohistochemical detection of paraffin sections (IHC-p) or frozen sections (IHC-f) of tissue samples. IF/ICC: For immunofluorescence detection of cell samples. ELISA(peptide): For ELISA detection of antigenic peptide.
Cite Format: Affinity Biosciences Cat# AF6043, RRID:AB_2834971.
Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog; Cell growth inhibiting protein 40; Cell proliferation inducing protein 61; EGF R; EGFR; EGFR_HUMAN; Epidermal growth factor receptor (avian erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog); Epidermal growth factor receptor (erythroblastic leukemia viral (v erb b) oncogene homolog avian); Epidermal growth factor receptor; erb-b2 receptor tyrosine kinase 1; ERBB; ERBB1; Errp; HER1; mENA; NISBD2; Oncogen ERBB; PIG61; Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1; Receptor tyrosine protein kinase ErbB 1; Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase ErbB-1; SA7; Species antigen 7; Urogastrone; v-erb-b Avian erythroblastic leukemia viral oncogen homolog; wa2; Wa5;
Ubiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
- P00533 EGFR_HUMAN:
- Protein BLAST With
Score>80(red) has high confidence and is suggested to be used for WB detection. *The prediction model is mainly based on the alignment of immunogen sequences, the results are for reference only, not as the basis of quality assurance.
High(score>80) Medium(80>score>50) Low(score<50) No confidence
PTMs - P00533 As Substrate
|T678||Phosphorylation||Q16512 (PKN1) , P17252 (PRKCA) , Q15139 (PRKD1) , Q6P5Z2 (PKN3)||Uniprot|
|T693||Phosphorylation||P28482 (MAPK1) , P27361 (MAPK3) , Q16539 (MAPK14) , Q15139 (PRKD1)||Uniprot|
|Y869||Phosphorylation||P00533 (EGFR) , P12931 (SRC) , Q13882 (PTK6)||Uniprot|
|Y1016||Phosphorylation||P12931 (SRC) , P00519 (ABL1) , P00533 (EGFR)||Uniprot|
|S1039||Phosphorylation||Q16539 (MAPK14) , Q15759 (MAPK11)||Uniprot|
|T1041||Phosphorylation||Q15759 (MAPK11) , Q16539 (MAPK14)||Uniprot|
|S1071||Phosphorylation||Q13555 (CAMK2G) , Q9UQM7 (CAMK2A)||Uniprot|
|Y1092||Phosphorylation||O60674 (JAK2) , P00519 (ABL1) , P00533 (EGFR)||Uniprot|
|Y1110||Phosphorylation||P12931 (SRC) , P00533 (EGFR)||Uniprot|
|Y1172||Phosphorylation||P00519 (ABL1) , P00533 (EGFR) , P12931 (SRC)||Uniprot|
|Y1197||Phosphorylation||P00519 (ABL1) , P00533 (EGFR)||Uniprot|
PTMs - P00533 As Enzyme
Receptor tyrosine kinase binding ligands of the EGF family and activating several signaling cascades to convert extracellular cues into appropriate cellular responses. Known ligands include EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, AREG, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF. Ligand binding triggers receptor homo- and/or heterodimerization and autophosphorylation on key cytoplasmic residues. The phosphorylated receptor recruits adapter proteins like GRB2 which in turn activates complex downstream signaling cascades. Activates at least 4 major downstream signaling cascades including the RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCgamma-PKC and STATs modules. May also activate the NF-kappa-B signaling cascade. Also directly phosphorylates other proteins like RGS16, activating its GTPase activity and probably coupling the EGF receptor signaling to the G protein-coupled receptor signaling. Also phosphorylates MUC1 and increases its interaction with SRC and CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Positively regulates cell migration via interaction with CCDC88A/GIV which retains EGFR at the cell membrane following ligand stimulation, promoting EGFR signaling which triggers cell migration. Plays a role in enhancing learning and memory performance (By similarity).
Isoform 2 may act as an antagonist of EGF action.
(Microbial infection) Acts as a receptor for hepatitis C virus (HCV) in hepatocytes and facilitates its cell entry. Mediates HCV entry by promoting the formation of the CD81-CLDN1 receptor complexes that are essential for HCV entry and by enhancing membrane fusion of cells expressing HCV envelope glycoproteins.
Phosphorylated on Tyr residues in response to EGF. Phosphorylation at Ser-695 is partial and occurs only if Thr-693 is phosphorylated. Phosphorylation at Thr-678 and Thr-693 by PRKD1 inhibits EGF-induced MAPK8/JNK1 activation. Dephosphorylation by PTPRJ prevents endocytosis and stabilizes the receptor at the plasma membrane. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1197 is stimulated by methylation at Arg-1199 and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Autophosphorylation at Tyr-1092 and/or Tyr-1110 recruits STAT3. Dephosphorylated by PTPN1 and PTPN2.
Monoubiquitinated and polyubiquitinated upon EGF stimulation; which does not affect tyrosine kinase activity or signaling capacity but may play a role in lysosomal targeting. Polyubiquitin linkage is mainly through 'Lys-63', but linkage through 'Lys-48', 'Lys-11' and 'Lys-29' also occurs. Deubiquitination by OTUD7B prevents degradation. Ubiquitinated by RNF115 and RNF126 (By similarity).
Palmitoylated on Cys residues by ZDHHC20. Palmitoylation inhibits internalization after ligand binding, and increases the persistence of tyrosine-phosphorylated EGFR at the cell membrane. Palmitoylation increases the amplitude and duration of EGFR signaling.
Methylated. Methylation at Arg-1199 by PRMT5 stimulates phosphorylation at Tyr-1197.
Cell membrane>Single-pass type I membrane protein. Endoplasmic reticulum membrane>Single-pass type I membrane protein. Golgi apparatus membrane>Single-pass type I membrane protein. Nucleus membrane>Single-pass type I membrane protein. Endosome. Endosome membrane. Nucleus.
Note: In response to EGF, translocated from the cell membrane to the nucleus via Golgi and ER (PubMed:20674546). Endocytosed upon activation by ligand (PubMed:2790960, PubMed:17182860, PubMed:27153536). Colocalized with GPER1 in the nucleus of estrogen agonist-induced cancer-associated fibroblasts (CAF) (PubMed:20551055).
Ubiquitously expressed. Isoform 2 is also expressed in ovarian cancers.
Binding of the ligand triggers homo- and/or heterodimerization of the receptor triggering its autophosphorylation. Heterodimer with ERBB2. Forms a complex with CCDC88A/GIV (via SH2-like regions) and GNAI3 which leads to enhanced EGFR signaling and triggering of cell migration; binding to CCDC88A requires autophosphorylation of the EGFR C-terminal region, and ligand stimulation is required for recruitment of GNAI3 to the complex. Interacts with ERRFI1; inhibits dimerization of the kinase domain and autophosphorylation. Part of a complex with ERBB2 and either PIK3C2A or PIK3C2B. Interacts with GRB2; an adapter protein coupling the receptor to downstream signaling pathways. Interacts with GAB2; involved in signaling downstream of EGFR. Interacts with STAT3; mediates EGFR downstream signaling in cell proliferation. Interacts with RIPK1; involved in NF-kappa-B activation. Interacts (autophosphorylated) with CBL, CBLB and CBLC; involved in EGFR ubiquitination and regulation. Interacts with SOCS5; regulates EGFR degradation through ELOC- and ELOB-mediated ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. Interacts with PRMT5; methylates EGFR and enhances interaction with PTPN6. Interacts (phosphorylated) with PTPN6; inhibits EGFR-dependent activation of MAPK/ERK. Interacts with COPG1; essential for regulation of EGF-dependent nuclear transport of EGFR by retrograde trafficking from the Golgi to the ER. Interacts with TNK2; this interaction is dependent on EGF stimulation and kinase activity of EGFR. Interacts with PCNA; positively regulates PCNA. Interacts with PELP1. Interacts with MUC1. Interacts with AP2M1. Interacts with FER. May interact with EPS8; mediates EPS8 phosphorylation. Interacts (via SH2 domains) with GRB2, NCK1 and NCK2. Interacts with ATX2. Interacts with GAREM1. Interacts (ubiquitinated) with ANKRD13A/B/D; the interaction is direct and may regulate EGFR internalization after EGF stimulation. Interacts with GPER1; the interaction occurs in an estrogen-dependent manner. Interacts (via C-terminal cytoplasmic kinase domain) with ZPR1 (via zinc fingers). Interacts with RNF115 and RNF126. Interacts with GPRC5A (via its transmembrane domain). Interacts with FAM83B; positively regulates EGFR inducing its autophosphorylation in absence of stimulation by EGF. Interacts with LAPTM4B; positively correlates with EGFR activation. Interacts with STX19. Interacts with CD44.
Belongs to the protein kinase superfamily. Tyr protein kinase family. EGF receptor subfamily.
· Cellular Processes > Transport and catabolism > Endocytosis. (View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cellular community - eukaryotes > Focal adhesion. (View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cellular community - eukaryotes > Adherens junction. (View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cellular community - eukaryotes > Gap junction. (View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cell motility > Regulation of actin cytoskeleton. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > MAPK signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > ErbB signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > Ras signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > Rap1 signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > Calcium signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signaling molecules and interaction > Cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > HIF-1 signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > FoxO signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > Phospholipase D signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > PI3K-Akt signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > Jak-STAT signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Drug resistance: Antineoplastic > EGFR tyrosine kinase inhibitor resistance.
· Human Diseases > Drug resistance: Antineoplastic > Endocrine resistance.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Epithelial cell signaling in Helicobacter pylori infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Hepatitis C.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Human papillomavirus infection.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Pathways in cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Proteoglycans in cancer.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > MicroRNAs in cancer.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Colorectal cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Pancreatic cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Endometrial cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Glioma. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Prostate cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Melanoma. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Bladder cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Non-small cell lung cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Breast cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Hepatocellular carcinoma. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Gastric cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Central carbon metabolism in cancer. (View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Choline metabolism in cancer. (View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Endocrine system > Estrogen signaling pathway. (View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Endocrine system > Oxytocin signaling pathway.
· Organismal Systems > Endocrine system > Relaxin signaling pathway.
Application: WB Species: mouse Sample: 5–8F cells and CNE1
Application: IHC Species: mouse Sample: NPC tissues
Application: IF/ICC Species: mouse Sample: 5–8F cells
Application: WB Species: Human Sample: Colon
Application: WB Species: Human Sample: HNEpCs
Application: IHC Species: Rat Sample: hippocampal
Application: WB Species: Rat Sample: hippocampal
Application: IHC Species: Human Sample: ESCC
Application: WB Species: rat Sample: lung
Application: IHC Species: Human Sample: breast cancer and paracancerous tissues
Application: WB Species: human Sample:
Application: IHC Species: human Sample:
Application: WB Species: Human Sample: HBECs
Affinity Biosciences tests all products strictly. Citations are provided as a resource for additional applications that have not been validated by Affinity Biosciences. Please choose the appropriate format for each application and consult Materials and Methods sections for additional details about the use of any product in these publications.
For Research Use Only.
Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Not for resale. Not for distribution without written consent. Affinity Biosciences will not be held responsible for patent infringement or other violations that may occur with the use of our products. Affinity Biosciences, Affinity Biosciences Logo and all other trademarks are the property of Affinity Biosciences LTD.