CYC; CYC_HUMAN; CYCS; Cytochrome c; Cytochrome c somatic; HCS; THC4;
WB: 1:500-1:3000, IHC: 1:50-1:200, IF/ICC 1:100-1:500, ELISA(peptide) 1:20000-1:40000
Human, Mouse, Rat, Monkey
Pig(100%), Zebrafish(88%), Bovine(100%), Horse(100%), Sheep(100%), Rabbit(100%), Dog(100%), Xenopus(100%)
The antiserum was purified by peptide affinity chromatography using SulfoLink™ Coupling Resin (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
Cytochrome C Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Cytochrome C.
Please cite this product as: Affinity Biosciences Cat# AF0146, RRID:AB_2833328.
Rabbit IgG in phosphate buffered saline , pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.Store at -20 °C.Stable for 12 months from date of receipt.
A synthesized peptide derived from human Cytochrome C, corresponding to a region within N-terminal amino acids.
Observed Mol.Wt.: 15kD.
Predicted Mol.Wt.: 12kDa(Calculated)..
CYCS Electron carrier protein. The oxidized form of the cytochrome c heme group can accept an electron from the heme group of the cytochrome c1 subunit of cytochrome reductase. Cytochrome c then transfers this electron to the cytochrome oxidase complex, the final protein carrier in the mitochondrial electron-transport chain. Belongs to the cytochrome c family.
Electron carrier protein. The oxidized form of the cytochrome c heme group can accept an electron from the heme group of the cytochrome c1 subunit of cytochrome reductase. Cytochrome c then transfers this electron to the cytochrome oxidase complex, the final protein carrier in the mitochondrial electron-transport chain.
Plays a role in apoptosis. Suppression of the anti-apoptotic members or activation of the pro-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family leads to altered mitochondrial membrane permeability resulting in release of cytochrome c into the cytosol. Binding of cytochrome c to Apaf-1 triggers the activation of caspase-9, which then accelerates apoptosis by activating other caspases.
Binds 1 heme group per subunit.
Phosphorylation at Tyr-49 and Tyr-98 both reduce by half the turnover in the reaction with cytochrome c oxidase, down-regulating mitochondrial respiration.
Mitochondrion intermembrane space.
Note: Loosely associated with the inner membrane.
Belongs to the cytochrome c family.
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > p53 signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > Apoptosis.(View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > Apoptosis - multiple species.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Pathways in cancer.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Colorectal cancer.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Parkinson's disease.
· Human Diseases > Cardiovascular diseases > Viral myocarditis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Legionellosis.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Small cell lung cancer.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Herpes simplex infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Hepatitis B.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Tuberculosis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Influenza A.
· Human Diseases > Drug resistance: Antineoplastic > Platinum drug resistance.
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Huntington's disease.
· Human Diseases > Endocrine and metabolic diseases > Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Alzheimer's disease.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Toxoplasmosis.
· Metabolism > Energy metabolism > Sulfur metabolism.
· Metabolism > Global and overview maps > Metabolic pathways.
Application: WB Species:human; Sample:Not available
Fig. 2. Effects of CsA on emodin-induced apoptosis. The cells were treated with emodin for 48 h in the presence or absence of CsA (5mM), then assays were performed. (A) Analysis of apoptosis by nuclear condensation. The Hoechst 33342 staining showed typical apoptotic morphology changes after emodin treatment. The images were acquired by inverted fluorescence microscopy. (B) Analysis of apoptosis by Annexin V/PI double-staining assay. (C) Determination of Cyto-C level in mitochondria and cytosol by western blots. b-actin and VDAC1 were used as internal control.
Application: WB Species:human; Sample:SW480
Figure 4. The effects of 5-Fu and/or DMC on cell apoptosis and apoptotic protein expressions. Annexin V-FITC/PI was used to detect cell apoptosis in SW480 (A) and SW620 cells (B). The absolute intensity values of Bax, Bcl2, and Cyt c were significantly different in both cell lines after treatment (C). Results were obtained from three independent experiments and expressed as the means ± SD. Compared with SW480 (or SW620)
Tips: For phospho antibody, we provide phospho peptide（0.5mg) and non-phospho peptide(0.5mg).
Blocking peptides are peptides that bind specifically to the target antibody and block antibody binding. These peptide usually contains the epitope recognized by the antibody. Antibodies bound to the blocking peptide no longer bind to the epitope on the target protein. This mechanism is useful when non-specific binding is an issue, for example, in Western blotting (immunoblot) and immunohistochemistry (IHC). By comparing the staining from the blocked antibody versus the antibody alone, one can see which staining is specific; Specific binding will be absent from the western blot or immunostaining performed with the neutralized antibody.
Synthetic peptide was lyophilized with 100% acetonitrile and is supplied as a powder. Reconstitute with 0.1 ml DI water for a final concentration of 10 mg/ml.The purity is >90%,tested by HPLC and MS.Storage Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C.
This product is for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.