Catabolin; H1; IL 1; IL 1 beta; IL-1 beta; IL1 BETA; IL1B; IL1B_HUMAN; IL1F2; Interleukin 1 beta; Interleukin-1 beta; OAF; OTTHUMP00000162031; Preinterleukin 1 beta; Pro interleukin 1 beta;
WB 1:500-1:2000, IHC 1:50-1:200, IF/ICC 1:100-1:500, ELISA(peptide) 1:20000-1:40000
Human, Mouse, Rat
The antiserum was purified by peptide affinity chromatography using SulfoLink™ Coupling Resin (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
IL1 beta Antibody detects endogenous levels of total IL1 beta.
Rabbit IgG in phosphate buffered saline , pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.Store at -20 °C.Stable for 12 months from date of receipt.
A synthesized peptide derived from human IL1 beta, corresponding to a region within the internal amino acids.
Observed Mol.Wt.: 30 kDa(precursor),17KD(mature).
Predicted Mol.Wt.: 31kDa.
Cytoplasm, cytosol. Lysosome. Secreted, exosome. Cytoplasmic vesicle, autophagosome. Secreted. The precursor is cytosolic. In response to inflammasome-activating signals, such as ATP for NLRP3 inflammasome or bacterial flagellin for NLRC4 inflammasome, cleaved and secreted. IL1B lacks any known signal sequence and the pathway(s) of its secretion is(are) not yet fully understood (PubMed:24201029). On the basis of experimental results, several unconventional secretion mechanisms have been proposed. 1. Secretion via secretory lysosomes: a fraction of CASP1 and IL1B precursor may be incorporated, by a yet undefined mechanism, into secretory lysosomes that undergo Ca(2+)-dependent exocytosis with release of mature IL1B (PubMed:15192144). 2. Secretory autophagy: IL1B-containing autophagosomes may fuse with endosomes or multivesicular bodies (MVBs) and then merge with the plasma membrane releasing soluble IL1B or IL1B-containing exosomes (PubMed:24201029). However, autophagy impacts IL1B production at several levels and its role in secretion is still controversial. 3. Secretion via exosomes: ATP-activation of P2RX7 leads to the formation of MVBs containing exosomes with entrapped IL1B, CASP1 and other inflammasome components. These MVBs undergo exocytosis with the release of exosomes. The release of soluble IL1B occurs after the lysis of exosome membranes (By similarity). 4. Secretion by microvesicle shedding: activation of the ATP receptor P2RX7 may induce an immediate shedding of membrane-derived microvesicles containing IL1B and possibly inflammasome components. The cytokine is then released in the extracellular compartment after microvesicle lysis (PubMed:11728343). 5. Release by translocation through permeabilized plasma membrane. This may occur in cells undergoing pyroptosis due to sustained activation of the inflammasome (By similarity). These mechanisms may not be not mutually exclusive.
Expressed in activated monocytes/macrophages (at protein level).
IL-1 production is generally thought to be associated with inflammation, but it has also been shown to be expressed during kidney development, thymocyte differentiation and cartilage degradation. IL-1 plays a critical role in the regulation of immune response and inflammation, acting as an activator of T and B lymphocytes and natural killer (NK) cells.
10 20 30 40 50
MAEVPELASE MMAYYSGNED DLFFEADGPK QMKCSFQDLD LCPLDGGIQL
60 70 80 90 100
RISDHHYSKG FRQAASVVVA MDKLRKMLVP CPQTFQENDL STFFPFIFEE
110 120 130 140 150
EPIFFDTWDN EAYVHDAPVR SLNCTLRDSQ QKSLVMSGPY ELKALHLQGQ
160 170 180 190 200
DMEQQVVFSM SFVQGEESND KIPVALGLKE KNLYLSCVLK DDKPTLQLES
210 220 230 240 250
VDPKNYPKKK MEKRFVFNKI EINNKLEFES AQFPNWYIST SQAENMPVFL
Potent proinflammatory cytokine. Initially discovered as the major endogenous pyrogen, induces prostaglandin synthesis, neutrophil influx and activation, T-cell activation and cytokine production, B-cell activation and antibody production, and fibroblast proliferation and collagen production. Promotes Th17 differentiation of T-cells.
Activation of the IL1B precursor involves a CASP1-catalyzed proteolytic cleavage. Processing and secretion are temporarily associated.
Lysosome;Cytosol;Extracellular region or secreted;
Monomer. In its precursor form, weakly interacts with full-length MEFV; the mature cytokine does not interact at all (PubMed:17431422). Interacts with integrins ITGAV:ITGBV and ITGA5:ITGB1; integrin-binding is required for IL1B signaling (PubMed:29030430).
Belongs to the IL-1 family.
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > Necroptosis.(View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > NF-kappa B signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > TNF signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > MAPK signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signaling molecules and interaction > Cytokine-cytokine receptor interaction.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Immune diseases > Graft-versus-host disease.
· Human Diseases > Endocrine and metabolic diseases > Type I diabetes mellitus.
· Human Diseases > Immune diseases > Rheumatoid arthritis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Legionellosis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Pertussis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Salmonella infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Herpes simplex infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Amoebiasis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Measles.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Chagas disease (American trypanosomiasis).
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > African trypanosomiasis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Tuberculosis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Influenza A.
· Human Diseases > Immune diseases > Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Malaria.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Leishmaniasis.
· Human Diseases > Drug resistance: Antineoplastic > Antifolate resistance.
· Human Diseases > Endocrine and metabolic diseases > Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Prion diseases.
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Alzheimer's disease.
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > Hematopoietic cell lineage.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > Toll-like receptor signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > IL-17 signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > Cytosolic DNA-sensing pathway.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > Th17 cell differentiation.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Development > Osteoclast differentiation.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Sensory system > Inflammatory mediator regulation of TRP channels.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > NOD-like receptor signaling pathway.(View pathway)
Application: WB Species:rat; Sample:rat hippocampus
Fig. 7 a Western blot analysis demonstrates levels of TNF-a and IL-1b in the hippocampus of rats at 12, 24, and 48 h following TBI or sham operation (n = 5/group). b Densitometry of the TNF-a and IL-1b band correlated to the b-actin band. The bars represent the mean ± SE (n = 5/group). The results demonstrated that a significant increase of TNF-a and IL-1b expression in the TBI group (*p\0.01 vs. sham group), and treatment with TAK-242 significantly downregulated the level of TNF-a and IL-1b protein expression at 12, 24, and 48 h following TBI (# p\0.05 vs. TBI group). TNF-a, tumor necrosis factor-a; IL-1b, interleukin-1b
Tips: For phospho antibody, we provide phospho peptide（0.5mg) and non-phospho peptide(0.5mg).
Blocking peptides are peptides that bind specifically to the target antibody and block antibody binding. These peptide usually contains the epitope recognized by the antibody. Antibodies bound to the blocking peptide no longer bind to the epitope on the target protein. This mechanism is useful when non-specific binding is an issue, for example, in Western blotting (immunoblot) and immunohistochemistry (IHC). By comparing the staining from the blocked antibody versus the antibody alone, one can see which staining is specific; Specific binding will be absent from the western blot or immunostaining performed with the neutralized antibody.
Synthetic peptide was lyophilized with 100% acetonitrile and is supplied as a powder. Reconstitute with 0.1 ml DI water for a final concentration of 10 mg/ml.The purity is >90%,tested by HPLC and MS.Storage Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C.
This product is for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.