A830040C14Rik; Apopain; CASP-3; CASP3; CASP3_HUMAN; Casp3a; Caspase 3; Caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine peptidase; Caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine protease; Caspase 3, apoptosis-related cysteine protease a; Caspase-3 subunit p12; CC3; CPP-32; CPP32; CPP32B; Cysteine protease CPP32; EC 220.127.116.11; LICE; mldy; OTTHUMP00000165052; OTTHUMP00000165053; OTTHUMP00000165054; PARP cleavage protease; Procaspase3; protein Yama; SCA 1; SCA-1; SREBP cleavage activity 1; Yama;
WB 1:500-1:2000, IHC 1:50-1:200, IF/ICC 1:200, ELISA(peptide) 1:20000-1:40000
Human, Mouse, Rat
Pig(86%), Bovine(100%), Horse(86%), Sheep(100%), Rabbit(100%), Dog(100%)
The antiserum was purified by peptide affinity chromatography using SulfoLink™ Coupling Resin (Thermo Fisher Scientific).
Caspase 3 Antibody detects endogenous levels of total Caspase 3.
Rabbit IgG in phosphate buffered saline , pH 7.4, 150mM NaCl, 0.02% sodium azide and 50% glycerol.Store at -20 °C.Stable for 12 months from date of receipt.
A synthesized peptide derived from human Caspase 3, corresponding to a region within the internal amino acids.
Observed Mol.Wt.: 37kDa.
Predicted Mol.Wt.: 32kDa.
Highly expressed in lung, spleen, heart, liver and kidney. Moderate levels in brain and skeletal muscle, and low in testis. Also found in many cell lines, highest expression in cells of the immune system.
This gene encodes a protein which is a member of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes which undergo proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues to produce 2 subunits, large and small, that dimerize to form the active enzyme.
10 20 30 40 50
MENTENSVDS KSIKNLEPKI IHGSESMDSG ISLDNSYKMD YPEMGLCIII
60 70 80 90 100
NNKNFHKSTG MTSRSGTDVD AANLRETFRN LKYEVRNKND LTREEIVELM
110 120 130 140 150
RDVSKEDHSK RSSFVCVLLS HGEEGIIFGT NGPVDLKKIT NFFRGDRCRS
160 170 180 190 200
LTGKPKLFII QACRGTELDC GIETDSGVDD DMACHKIPVE ADFLYAYSTA
210 220 230 240 250
PGYYSWRNSK DGSWFIQSLC AMLKQYADKL EFMHILTRVN RKVATEFESF
SFDATFHAKK QIPCIVSMLT KELYFYH
Involved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. At the onset of apoptosis it proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-|-Gly-217' bond. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) between the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain and the membrane attachment domain. Cleaves and activates caspase-6, -7 and -9. Involved in the cleavage of huntingtin. Triggers cell adhesion in sympathetic neurons through RET cleavage.
Cleavage by granzyme B, caspase-6, caspase-8 and caspase-10 generates the two active subunits. Additional processing of the propeptides is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 protease and the large subunit of caspase-3 also occur and vice versa.S-nitrosylated on its catalytic site cysteine in unstimulated human cell lines and denitrosylated upon activation of the Fas apoptotic pathway, associated with an increase in intracellular caspase activity. Fas therefore activates caspase-3 not only by inducing the cleavage of the caspase zymogen to its active subunits, but also by stimulating the denitrosylation of its active site thiol.
Heterotetramer that consists of two anti-parallel arranged heterodimers, each one formed by a 17 kDa (p17) and a 12 kDa (p12) subunit. Interacts with BIRC6/bruce.
Belongs to the peptidase C14A family.
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > p53 signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > Apoptosis.(View pathway)
· Cellular Processes > Cell growth and death > Apoptosis - multiple species.(View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > TNF signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Environmental Information Processing > Signal transduction > MAPK signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Pathways in cancer.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Colorectal cancer.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Proteoglycans in cancer.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > MicroRNAs in cancer.
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Parkinson's disease.
· Human Diseases > Cardiovascular diseases > Viral myocarditis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Legionellosis.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Specific types > Small cell lung cancer.(View pathway)
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Pertussis.
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Herpes simplex infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Amoebiasis.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Viral carcinogenesis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Hepatitis B.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Human papillomavirus infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Epithelial cell signaling in Helicobacter pylori infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Tuberculosis.
· Human Diseases > Drug resistance: Antineoplastic > Platinum drug resistance.
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Huntington's disease.
· Human Diseases > Endocrine and metabolic diseases > Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
· Human Diseases > Neurodegenerative diseases > Alzheimer's disease.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Toxoplasmosis.
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > IL-17 signaling pathway.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Immune system > Natural killer cell mediated cytotoxicity.(View pathway)
· Organismal Systems > Nervous system > Serotonergic synapse.
Application: WB Species:mouse; Sample:Not available
Figure 3. BCL2L10 induced cell apoptosis and inhibited tumor growth in nude mice. (A) BCL2L10 induced apoptosis in HepG2 and Huh7 cells, as determined by flow cytometry analysis following Annexin V and PI staining. The upper panel represents FACS images of HCC cells transfected with empty vector or BCL2L10, while the lower panel shows the quantitative analyses of early apoptotic and late apoptotic cells. The experiment was repeated three times in triplicate. Data are mean ± SD. (B) Protein expression of the active forms of apoptosis related genes caspase 3, caspase 8, and caspase 9 was evaluated by Western blot.
Application: WB Species:human; Sample:HepG2
Figure 4. Effects of different concentrations of AG014699 and BSI‑201 on protein levels of Caspase 3, Caspase 8, Bax and Bcl‑2 in HepG2 cells.(A) Blots showing proteins in cells treated with AGO14699 and (B) quantification. (C) Blots showing proteins in cells treated with (C) BSI‑201 and (D) quantification. * P<0.05, compared with the control group; ∆P<0.05, compared with the low dose group; ∆∆P<0.05, compared with the middle dose group. CTRL, control; Bcl‑2, B‑cell lymphoma 2; BAX, Bcl‑2‑associated X protein.
Tips: For phospho antibody, we provide phospho peptide（0.5mg) and non-phospho peptide(0.5mg).
Blocking peptides are peptides that bind specifically to the target antibody and block antibody binding. These peptide usually contains the epitope recognized by the antibody. Antibodies bound to the blocking peptide no longer bind to the epitope on the target protein. This mechanism is useful when non-specific binding is an issue, for example, in Western blotting (immunoblot) and immunohistochemistry (IHC). By comparing the staining from the blocked antibody versus the antibody alone, one can see which staining is specific; Specific binding will be absent from the western blot or immunostaining performed with the neutralized antibody.
Synthetic peptide was lyophilized with 100% acetonitrile and is supplied as a powder. Reconstitute with 0.1 ml DI water for a final concentration of 10 mg/ml.The purity is >90%,tested by HPLC and MS.Storage Maintain refrigerated at 2-8°C for up to 6 months. For long term storage store at -20°C.
This product is for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.